Here’s what is coming up at the Sweetery.
- The Sweetery is looking forward to having a local Girl Scout Troop visit.
- Don’t forget Mother’s Day – next weekend. Order her cake now.
- Graduation is coming fast. Watch for coupons in The Little Coupon Book for our Graduation cakes.
- The Sweetery is going on a road trip. Look for us at the 2011 July Fancy Food Show in Washington, DC.
Easter will be here soon and a favorite dish of mine is Pineapple Casserole. Goes great with ham on Easter.
This recipe is from Jane Suggs, a friend, community leader, and customer. For more wonderful southern recipes, look for Cooking with JJ II. Currently available with all the proceeds going Hospice of the Upstate.
- 2 20 oz cans chunk pineapple, drained
- 6 TB flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 stick margarine, melted
Spoon the pineapple into baking dish. Add a little pineapple juice. Sprinkle with mixture of flour, sugar and cheese. Top with crushed crackers. Drizzle with melted margarine. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.