Entertaining friends and family is a huge part of each holiday season, which usually means lots of cooking! But, lots of cooking doesn’t have to equal a ton of time spent in the kitchen.
Jane, the owner of the Sweetery, has started pulling a few of her favorite easy recipes together to share with you! The first is Mexican Cheesecake!
You are probably wondering… What exactly is Mexican Cheesecake?? Sweet or Savory? Appetizer or Dessert? We are glad you asked…
Mexican Cheesecake is a savory appetizer that is perfect for a big crowd! It is very simply mixed, baked, chilled and served with tortilla chips.
1/2 cup Tortilla Chips, finely crushed
1/4 cup Butter, melted
2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
2 (8 oz) Sour Cream
3 Large Eggs
Green Tabasco to taste
2 (8 oz) Medium Salsa (Drain 1 jar to use for garnish)
1 (4 oz) can Chilies, peeled and chopped
1 (6 oz) Guacamole
Making the Perfect Mexican Cheesecake
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine crushed tortilla chips and butter, and press into a 9-inch or 11-inch springform pan (with nonstick spray) and bake for 10 minutes
3. Combine the shredded cheese and cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy
4. Beat in 8 oz of cream cheese
5. Add all 3 eggs and beat on a low speed only until ingredients are combined
6. Fold in salsa and chilies and pour over crust
7. Bake 40-45 minutes until center is almost set
8. Remove from oven and immediately cover cake with 8 oz sour cream
9. Place on rack to cool, then cover and refrigerate
10. When you are ready to serve, remove from the pan and dollop drained salsa and guacamole around the top rim and place a few sprigs of cilantro in the center
11. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!