Two words: Steak Fajitas. Sounds delicious right? And the recipe is probably super complicated? Not this one! Keep reading for a yummy, easy, crowd-pleasing recipe that only requires 5 ingredients and can be thrown together in 3 easy steps.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 2 lbs. sliced beef
- 1-2 sliced bell peppers
- 1 sliced onion
- 20 ounces salsa
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
Let’s Make Fajitas!
- Add salsa to the bottom of your slow cooker
- Add beef, onion, bell pepper, and fajita seasoning. Stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours OR on high for 3-4 hours
If you try this recipe, take a picture and share it with us! We’d love to see how yours turns out!
The Super Bowl is one of many occasions, during the year, that call for a spread a delicious snacks! We all have our go-to pigs in a blanket, buffalo chicken dip or homemade salsa, but what if you want to spice up the same old snacks with something fresh and new? We have just the thing!
What will you need??
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 package Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix
- Shake of cayenne pepper
Let’s put it all together!!
- Empty saltines into a gallon plastic bag. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the crackers and seal the plastic bag.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, turning from time to time to thoroughly marinate the crackers.
- Empty the crackers onto a parchment-lined cookie sheets. The crackers do not have to spread out in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. Cool thoroughly and seal in an airtight container.
Enjoy Firecrackers with a variety of dips, such as pimento cheese, or as a salty snack on their own! If you try this recipe, we’d love to hear how you liked it! Share a picture on social media and be sure to tag us… Happy Super Bowl!
If you need a quick and easy gift idea for someone on your list with more of a savory than sweet pallet, we have just the thing! Garlic-and-Herb-Infused Olive Oil makes for a beautiful, thoughtful and inexpensive gift, not to mention… It’s delicious!
Here is everything you need to put together your gift!
3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
5 garlic cloves, smashed
3 fresh thyme sprigs
3 fresh rosemary sprigs
3 fresh sage sprigs
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Let’s Make the Dressing!
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the herbs before adding to the oil to prevent bacterial growth
2. Heat the first 9 ingredients in a large, deep skillet until the oil warms and the garlic and herbs begin to sizzle, about 5 minutes
3. Remove from heat and cool completely, about 4 hours
4. Pour the oil through a cheesecloth-lined strainer into a bowl, discard the solids. Transfer the infused oil into small bottles and store in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
If you are scrambling to get the last of your Christmas gifts together, you’re definitely not alone! If there is one thing we understand at The Sweetery, it’s the craziness of the holiday season!
Sometimes the best gifts are not purchased, but made with love! Below you will find a recipe for homemade hot cocoa mix, the perfect gift for any chocolate lover this Christmas!
3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon salt
Making the Mix
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl
2. Use a food processor to pulse mixture until finely ground
3. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months
The Final Product…
To make a delicious cup of cocoa with this mix, simply add 1 cup of hot milk to 1/3 cup cocoa mix, with your choice of toppings!
Whether you need to whip up a snack for your family or an appetizer for a holiday gathering, you can never go wrong with easy recipes that only require a handful of ingredients!
Jane Jarahian, the owner of the Sweetery, highly recommends this simple recipe! It comes from a cookbook put together by her close friend, Jane Suggs. But don’t take our word for it… try it for yourself and let us know what you think!
1 pkg frozen, chopped spinach, cooked & drained
1 can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pkg Knorr’s vegetable soup mix (dry)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
Put it together!
It’s so easy, you won’t even believe it! Simply combine ingredients and serve with sliced French bread.
Entertaining friends and family is a huge part of each holiday season, which usually means lots of cooking! But, lots of cooking doesn’t have to equal a ton of time spent in the kitchen.
Jane, the owner of the Sweetery, has started pulling a few of her favorite easy recipes together to share with you! The first is Mexican Cheesecake!
You are probably wondering… What exactly is Mexican Cheesecake?? Sweet or Savory? Appetizer or Dessert? We are glad you asked…
Mexican Cheesecake is a savory appetizer that is perfect for a big crowd! It is very simply mixed, baked, chilled and served with tortilla chips.
1/2 cup Tortilla Chips, finely crushed
1/4 cup Butter, melted
2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
2 (8 oz) Sour Cream
3 Large Eggs
Green Tabasco to taste
2 (8 oz) Medium Salsa (Drain 1 jar to use for garnish)
1 (4 oz) can Chilies, peeled and chopped
1 (6 oz) Guacamole
Making the Perfect Mexican Cheesecake
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine crushed tortilla chips and butter, and press into a 9-inch or 11-inch springform pan (with nonstick spray) and bake for 10 minutes
3. Combine the shredded cheese and cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy
4. Beat in 8 oz of cream cheese
5. Add all 3 eggs and beat on a low speed only until ingredients are combined
6. Fold in salsa and chilies and pour over crust
7. Bake 40-45 minutes until center is almost set
8. Remove from oven and immediately cover cake with 8 oz sour cream
9. Place on rack to cool, then cover and refrigerate
10. When you are ready to serve, remove from the pan and dollop drained salsa and guacamole around the top rim and place a few sprigs of cilantro in the center
11. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!